Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Break Through!

You and Mommy went to visit Ally. Ally talked to you about growing in your mommy's belly and I was very worried that you would get confused or angry but instead the completely oposite happened. When we got home from visiting with Ally you came up to me, took my face in your sweet little hands, looked into my eyes and said "I grew in Jordan's belly huh mommy?" I couldn't help but smile and say "Yes, you did." Then you said something that I thought wouldn't happen for a LONG time. You said "She's my birth mom huh?!" I was brought to tears and simply nodded my head when you continued and said "That means she loves me alot huh?" I said "Yes" and You got the biggest smile on your face and said, "I like having a mommy, and a daddy, and a birth mom." I sat and hugged you for as long as you would let me. I can't help but think of the blessing that Lori (Ally's mommy) was in this situation.

Before a few days ago the mention of a birth mom would throw you into an asthma attack but after playing and visiting with other children that have a mommy, and a daddy, and a birth mom you've become more "ok" with the situation. I don't know if I had more of a closed adoption with Ally if you would have "come to terms" with your "situation" as soon as you did. I'm so very glad you did though!


You and Ally playing on the paino at Ally's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment